The COVID-19 Secure Workplace Policy will be followed at all times including mobile home visits.
We will still be required to complete a risk assessment before each treatment. Treatment is not recommended within 3 days of a COVID vaccination.
Face coverings are no longer mandatory but are still recommended to minimise cross-infection. Some people do not have to wear a face covering including for health, age or equality reasons.
Lateral Flow Test Kits are still available to those who are considered vulnerable. These can be ordered online and the test kits can be delivered to your home - https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests or you can collect the kits from selected pharmacies. Lateral flow tests are not completely accurate but I do recommend their twice weekly use as I will be.
COVID-19 appears to be a highly infectious virus and is thought to have spread to nearly every country in the world. Governments are particularly worried about this as it's a new virus that appears to be unpredictable.
As we plan to navigate the roadmap to recovery you can be assured that members of the Association of Reflexologists ("AoR") displaying the logo will be following all the Government guidelines and AoR COVID-19 Secure Workplace Policy to minimise risk of cross infection.
AoR Members will:-
1. Work within the Government guidelines.
2. Have prepared for and complied with the AoR Return to Work document.
3. Comply with the AoR COVID-19 Secure Hygience Guidelines.
4. Changes that will be made include the completion of a Risk Assessement Form before each treatment; hand washing before and after treatments (or sanitiser with a minimum of 60% alcohol); clean dedicated clothes/uniforms for treatments; treatment spacing of at least 15 minutes between each client; cleaning will be undertaken and couch/chair coverings changed between each client; your reflexologist is likely to be wearing a facial covering and you may be asked to wear one too depending on the latest Government guidelines; clean linen and towels will be used for each client; soft furnishings will be removed if non-essential or completely covered; a cleaning checklist will be on display to show when cleaning has taken place; waste will be disposed of in line with Government guidelines and laundry in line with Government guidelines.
As a client you will be required to:-
1. Complete a risk assessment before each treatment.
2. On arrival declare if anything has changed with your health or within your family unit.
3. Wash your hands (or use hand sanitiser provided by the therapist) on arrival.
4. You may be asked to bring and wear your own face covering.
5. Bring your own blanket and towel (if requested by the therapist).
6. Inform your reflexologist as soon as possible if you develop symptoms of COVID-19.
Copyright © Caroline Ashby 1995-2021 All Rights Reserved